Welcome to Inashrestha's Blog; Different way to blog :D

Welcome to Inashrestha's Blog; Different way to blog :D

Monday, May 5, 2008

NM & CO visit!

We went to visit one of our friend in Los Alamos, New Mexico on Thanks Giving weekend of last year. We had very pleasant experience on next day while driving to Albuquerque and Santa Fe. The weather was pretty, we went to Colorado Spring other day. It was fun driving. Someone suggest us to go to see the longest suspension bridge of USA while on the way back. But we were late, or may be closed on Thanks Giving day. Anyway we missed it. We are on the way back to Los Alamos, I tried to take a shortcut instead of Highway. My gas was low, town was not nearby, and also jungle on the both side of the road make me thrilled and kind of scary. There was not much traffic on the road, almost empty. Before 30-40 miles to Los Alamos snow start falling. None of us expected snowing weather. It was dark, with low traffic on the country side road. I never drove on the snow, I was scared so as others too; but I tried to calm down. I drove very slow in 1st gear. It took me almost 3 hrs to reach my destination.

Next day I changed my plan to head back home. Because there was more snow predicted on later that day. So, we said goodbye to our friend and headed home. It was snowing while we hit the road, still frighten. A lot of traffic make me felt little comfortable, so I can drive on the track. But you never know. We took a long breath when we were near by our town where there was no sign of snowy weather. It took me almost 10 hrs driving back on 7 hrs route,luckily we came back safe. Our New Mexico and Colorado visit was quite Adventurous for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment